Tuesday, January 14, 2020

Jesus at the Tree of Life - Jesus awaits all of us at the Tree of Life.



Jesus at the Tree of Life

Jesus awaits all of us at the Tree of Life.  No matter how badly you have messed up, He waits for you.  I know that Jesus loves us.  He died for us and paid the eternal price for our sins and thus he made forgiveness of sins possible.   He is our older brother.  We all lived together as spirits in our premortal life and Jesus volunteered to be our Savior.  This was the bravest thing any being has ever done in the history of the Universe.  

In the Book of Mormon, Another Testament of Jesus Christ, in 1 Nephi, chapter 8, the Prophet Lehi sees a vision of the Tree of  Life.  In the vision there is a Rod of Iron that represents the Word of God.  This Rod of Iron leads us to the Tree of Life.  There are forbidden paths in the vision as well.  The beautiful white fruit on the Tree of Life represents the Love of God.  We can choose to hold to the Rod of Iron... or in other words, read and listen to the Word of God and it will lead us to the Tree of Life where we can partake of the Love of God.  

The Rod of Iron is by a Straight and Narrow Path.  We all choose to go off that path at some points in our lifetime.  Hence the need for a Savior to pay the price for our sins.  The way I look at it, the Straight and Narrow Path is on the top of a ridge and when we sin we follow a forbidden path downward.  When on a forbidden path we do not progress in our journey towards the Tree of Life.  In repentance we climb back up to the Straight and Narrow Path and grab hold of the Rod of Iron and continue to progress on our journey to the Tree of Life.  

Note:  This drawing of the Savior is not perfect but it is done with a bit more detail than most of my fast drawings.  I do these religious drawings on Sunday, during our church services.  The Dove represents the Holy Ghost or Holy Spirit.  You may wonder why I draw in church.  The answer is because I have A.D.H.D or Attention Defecit Hyperactivity Disorder, I struggle to focus and concentrate sometimes.  Drawing helps me concentrate.  It is like a medication that makes it possible for me to pay attention to the talks or/and lesson.  To this day I feel bad that I stopped kids from drawing when I was teaching Science to them.  Drawing probably helped a lot of them to concentrate.   The printable version of this drawing is found  by clicking on one of two buttons:
......All Pintables................or...........Religious.         Then scroll down to get to this new drawing.  New drawings are at the bottom of the drop down menu.     I have posted this in several languages.
This is the second time I posted it in English.   

No comments:

Post a Comment