Tuesday, January 7, 2020

Surgery Tomorrow

Operating Room

Hey blog visitors.  I consider you my friends in a way.  If possible, offer a prayer for me today.  I am up late in the wee hours of the morning drawing and posting on my blog because I'm too nervous to sleep.  I get my T. tube tracheal stent changed out tomorrow.  My doctors also found a lot of scar tissue in there that they have to laser out.  Not a happy thought.  

One of my University of Utah doctors did say something that was kind of funny.  He said that they have to remove the stent when they use the laser because the plastic stent tends to catch on fire if accidentally hit by the laser.   

That reminded me of something Sean Connery's character said in the movie The Hunt For Red October.  He was the captain of a submarine and the American hero of the story was going into the nuclear missle bay with a gun.  The captain said, "...things in there don't react well to bullets."   

UPDATE:   The surgery went great!   I am still "Not Dead Yet!"  I'm home recovering with some pain but I'm hanging in there.  I am very appreciative of the doctors and staff at the University of Utah Hospital for their skills and how nice they treated me the whole time.  I am also greatful for my wife who has stuck by me for 15 years of me having a tracheotomy stent. 


No comments:

Post a Comment