Saturday, April 11, 2020

Country Bunny with long-legged Jackrabbits from The Country Bunny And The Little Gold Shoes coloring pages

Country Bunny with long-legged Jackrabbits
(new drawing today)

I posted a new drawing a couple of days ago that was also from this wonderful children's book.  It is called The Country Bunny and the Little Gold Shoes.  This is an avante-garde book that was ahead of its time.  I found it inspiring when I was a little boy.  

The book is about a little country girl bunny who wants to become an Easter  Bunny.  The Jackrabbits with their long legs who were fast runners made fun of her.  so did the White Rabbits in their fine houses.  


White Bunnies with their Fine Houses

I recommend you read the story.  It is called The Country Bunny And The Little Gold Shoes.  It is available at bookstores this time of year.  I also found it on amazon.com for only $1.99  I think that everyone should read this book.  At least every child should read it.  By the way, I am not paid anything by Amazon, I just love this book.  This inexpensive copy is the Kindle edition.  The artwork is amazing in this book.  The artist, Marjorie Hack, also illustrated the great children's book called The Story of Ping

I wrote a song parody for this book back when I taught elementary school.   Here are the other drawings I have done from this excellent storybook along with the song parody.   These drawings of mine are Fan Art.  Click on the "Holidays" button up top to get the printable versions of the drawings.

Country Bunny little girl bunny


Country Bunny kids doing dishes


Country Bunny husband and father
(The husband and father was mentioned in the book 
but not seen in the illustrations, so I did this drawing.



Grandfather Bunny in the Palace of Easter Eggs


Country Bunny delivering Easter Eggs



Country Bunny Song
Sung to the tune of On Top of Old Smokey
By Robin Lyman

A small Country Bunny
Said I'm going to be
A great Easter Bunny
Just you wait and see

She had twenty-one babies
She was wise swift and kind
She was the best bunny
Grandfather could find

He made her a bunny
that brought all the eggs
and gave her some gold shoes
when she hurt her leg

Other Easter Bunnies
Really did not mind
Cause to be Easter Bunnies
You're wise swift and kind

So if you're some bunny
who has a big dream
You may turn out to be
Much more than you seem

No comments:

Post a Comment