Sunday, April 25, 2021

Dead Sea Sparrow in Olive Tree coloring page (original English post)

 This is a free coloring pages blog. 

There are over 1200 free coloring pages here that you can print and color. 

Today's new drawing is of a Dead Sea Sparrow.



Dead Sea Sparrow in Olive Tree


I was sitting in our church building today before the church meeting started... and I was trying to think of what to draw.  Then I thought of Jesus talking about His Father being aware of a sparrow falling.  Jesus also said that two sparrows were sold for a farthing.  And he said people are worth much more than two sparrows.  I think Jesus was just trying to say that if God is aware of sparrows, then, of course, he is aware of each one of us and the problems and challenges we face in our mortal journey. This got me thinking... and I asked myself, "What kind of sparrows live in the Holy Land?  

I used my phone to look it up.  I found this bird... the Dead Sea Sparrow. (Passer moabiticus) It is a small sparrow that lives in the Middle East, and eastward into Afganistan, and all the way over into India.  It also lives in some eastern parts of Southern Europe. I think that the species name honors the ancient kingdom of Moab in ancient Palestine.  As noted above, the species name is moabiticus

The Dead Sea Sparrow is quite small at only 4.7 - 5.1 inches long.  That is 12 - 13 cm. long.  The males have a black patch on their neck so this drawing is of a male.  There is an eastern subspecies and a western subspecies.  I would recommend that you look up photos of this bird on the internet to help you know how to color it.  

The tree is an Olive Tree.  You see only part of the tree in the drawing.  It is a species that has what is called compound leaves.  The actual leaf is composed of a long stem and many little leaflets.  These leaflets are very similar, but not exactly alike.  Each leaf is similar but not exactly alike either.  My art teacher many times told me that in Nature there is repetition with variation.  

NOTE:  This drawing, in printable form, is found by clicking on the button labeled:   Birds. Then scroll down to the bottom of the list.  New drawings are at the bottom of the list.  Have fun coloring!  By the way, I will be posting this in some of the languages of some of the countries where this bird lives. Remember to click on the button labeled. . . . . . . Birds.

No comments:

Post a Comment