Friday, March 18, 2022

Tree Fairies - Pine Tree Fairy coloring page

 


Welcome or welcome back to my free coloring pages blog!

I drew all these drawings except for a few done by grandnephews and grandnieces.

Today's new drawing is of another Tree Fairy. 

This time it is a Pine Tree Fairy or just Pine Fairy for short.



Pine Fairy


Pine Tree Fairies or just Pine Fairies are Tree Fairies that love pine trees.  They tend to have an affinity for all conifers but Pine Fairies especially care for pine trees.  Pine Fairies like to eat pine nuts.  They also eat the seeds of several species of pine. 

Pine trees have needles in bundles. The bundle of needles in a pine tree make a perfect circle... like slices of a pie if you look at the bundle end on.  The different species of pine have different numbers of leaves in the bundle.  Some species or at least one species has a bundle of one needle but the needle is perfectly round.  The bundle that the needles come out of are also called a fascicle.  

My family used to go out in the Utah desert and collect pine nuts from Pinyon pine. One of the species of Pinyon Pine has bundles of one and another species has a bundle of two needles. I can't eat pine nuts anymore because I became deathly allergic to them.  Pine nuts are used in some cooking and there are several species of edible pine nuts throughout the world.  The Italian Stone Pine has edible nuts and pesto sauce, used in Italian cooking almost always has ground-up pine nuts... so I have to be careful eating Itallian food.  

Some species of pine trees that do not make pine nuts still have edible seeds, like the big Ponderosa Pine Tree.  The resin and needles have been used by Native Americans for medicinal purposes.  Of course, the Pine Fairies know all about the uses of the various parts of many species of pine trees.  


NOTE:  This drawing is found in printable form by clicking on the button labeled "Fantasy, Myths, and Circus and then scrolling to the bottom of the list.  Have fun coloring.  Also, credit to Ashley Graham's online Swimsuits For All catalog for providing me a model for my drawing.  My wife loves their swimsuits and she has 3 from that site.  I am not getting paid for the recommendation, but I really did use the model from the site for my model for this drawing so I thought I should give credit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment