Saturday, March 5, 2022

F-15EX Eagle II and other Fighter Aircraft coloring pages

 Welcome to my free coloring pages blog. 

The new drawing I did for today is of a pair of F-15EX Eagle II jet fighters. 



F-15EX Eagle II


The F-15 is a very successful fighter that has been in service for several decades.  The latest version is just now being made.  It is called the F-15EX Eagle II.  It is very fast and can carry a larger payload of missiles and bombs than the F-15E Strike Eagle.  Like the Strike Eagle, the Eagle II is a two-seater withal one seat occupied by the pilot and one occupied by the weapons officer.  

The F-15 Eagle II is almost 64 feet long.  It has a wingspan of almost 42 feet.  It is almost 18 and 1/2 feet tall.  It has two General Electric engines with afterburners that can give it 29,000 lbs of thrust with a top speed of around 2.5 Mach.  

The F-15 is flown by several countries and the EX version will also be flown by those same countries. 

I drew the namesake Bald Eagle with the aircraft because it looks cool that way.  My grandson looked at the picture and I told him that the F-15EX Eagle II can fly very fast.  He asked if it could fly even faster than an eagle and I said yes and my grandson was very impressed!  

There is one funny thing about this new fighter's name.  The name "F-15EX Eagle II" looks a lot like the following: "F-1SEX Eagle II,"  although I don't think that was done on purpose.  I think they should rethink the name.  Maybe "F-15XE Eagle II?"

NOTE:  This drawing, in printable form, is found by clicking on the button labeled Vehicles and Military Vehicles.  Then scroll to the bottom of the list.  I am posting down below this paragraph a few other drawings of fighter aircraft flown in the past.  These drawings are from previous posts. 



F4F Fighter

(This was a WW II-era Naval Fighter.  The other fighter is the Japanese Zero.)




P-51 Fighter on D-Day

(My dad was a bomber pilot in WW II and he said that the P-51 saved his life.)




F-111 Ardvaark Fighter-Bomber








F-16 Fighter-Bomber







F-117 Nighthawk




F-22 Raptor Stealth Fighter




F-35 Lightning Fighter-Bomber Jet Aircraft

No comments:

Post a Comment