Wednesday, May 27, 2020

Grass Fairies and Flower Fairies and a few other Fairies Coloring Pages



This is a free coloring pages blog.  There are no ads and no fees.  Scroll down to see recent posts.  You will find the drawings, in printable form, by clicking on the category buttons up top.  New drawings are found at the bottom of the correct list.  These drawings are under the "Fantasy, Myths and Circus" buttons.  Anyone can print these pages for coloring.   They are not to be used for profit, but businesses can print them for kids to color... (like for their waiting room).  Museums, schools, daycares, assisted living homes, etc.can print them for kids or adults to color.  And of course, people at home can print them as well.  Copyright Robin A. Lyman 2016-2020.




I know that this is rather personal, but many of you are coming here regularly to print coloring pages... and I thought you might like to know. I had surgery yesterday.  While waiting to go into the operating room (I had to wait almost three hours)... so I did a few drawings for this coloring pages blog.  These first two drawings were done yesterday at the University of Utah Hospital Surgery prep area.  


By the way, my care was excellent.  My surgeon even made copies of my drawings for his grandkids.  I also drew a picture for my certified nursing assistant.  It was a picture of Jesus outside of Jerusalem.  And I am home now and recovering nicely.  


My surgery was a T-tube stent replacement... if you are wondering.  It is a type of tracheotomy.  I get a lot of pain because my trachea had mesh sewed into it 14 years ago to try and keep my trachea from collapsing... (It didn't work and the mesh cuts me all the time) . . . so I USED to take pain meds, now when I am in pain I draw a dinosaur, or a Fairy, or an animal, etc. etc.  Drawing is now my pain meds.  So, I owe this rather awful condition of my trachea for the existence of this free coloring pages blog.  I think I'm at around 1,000 printable drawings on this blog now.   


Now, about Grass Fairies.  They are a type of Fairy that prefers to stay Fairy size... or about 5 inches or about 13 cm tall.  These Fairies are beautiful, but since they rarely go mortal size you usually have to look closely to see their beauty.  However, they often are nocturnal Fairies... so the Nocturnal Grass Fairies, (like this one),  have especially big (and beautiful) eyes.  



This first Grass Fairy that I drew is a little girl Fairy named Marzena.  So she would be only about 2 1/2 inches tall... or 6.35 cm tall.  Or maybe I should say 2 1/2 inches small.  My beautiful little granddaughter was the model for this little girl Fairy.  But the drawing is done with the oversized eyes like some Grass Fairies have.  


The second drawing is of a Flower Fairy named Marigold.  She is actually visiting a Marigold.  Flower Fairies are important pollinators.  However, there are other Fairies that contribute to pollination.  That includes Forest Fairies, River Fairies, and even some Mushroom Fairies.  





Marzena the little girl Grass Fairy


Flower Fairy named Marigold


Below are several more Fairy drawings from previous posts. 




Karlie Kloss as a Grass Fairy



Auburn Fairy and a Robin



Forest Fairy on a Blue Mushroom




Fairy among the Roses




Fairy by a Stream Diminutive Size



River Fairy kneeling



Pollination Fairy with Butterfly



Fairy on Leaf with Butterfly and Caterpillar 





Grace the Swallowtail Fairy



Flower Fairy visits a Rose




Fairy playing in the Garden





Fairy named Celeste




French Fairy named Madi





River Fairy relaxing



Fairy on a Lily Pad





Fairy Laurentia with Box Elder Beetle






Maryn the Night Fairy

No comments:

Post a Comment