Wednesday, June 13, 2018

Forest Fairy

Gracie the Forest Fairy

Gracie is one of my beautiful Grandnieces.  She is an award winning dancer.  She modeled for this drawing.  I just finished a more close up version of this drawing. . . or at least a similar one.  I just posted it.  


Gracie the Forest Fairy portrait


The portrait above is a better likeness.  It is not perfect. . .  but I think it is ok.  It is hard to capture the true beauty of a person when your medium you are working with is fine point ink Flair pen.   


There are legends of fairies in Germany, Wales, England, Ireland, France, and many other countries.  I like to think of fairies as being worldwide.  That idea comes from the excellent book series called Fablehaven... by Brandon Mull.  He is a local author and I love his writing style.  

No comments:

Post a Comment