Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Crystal the Fairy hatching a Dragon Egg

While on vacation in Brigham City Utah we stayed at Crystal Inn.  One of the clerks at the front desk told me she was obsessed with fairies.  So I drew her as a fairy.  I am calling her Crystal. . . after the nice motel. 


Crystal the Fairy hatching a Dragon Egg

I imagined that like in the Harry Potter books, a dragon egg needs heat to hatch. . . but maybe they could also be hatched by Fairy Magic.  This fairy is standing on river rocks by a river.   Since I am a retired Science Teacher I will tell you that the action of the water on the rocks wear them smooth.   This is called physical weathering.   However, since rainwater that might end up in the river is slightly acidic. . . we could also saw that some chemical weathering is going on too,  Rain water, as it falls as raindrops, interacts with carbon dioxide in the air and makes a little bit of carbonic acid. 

No comments:

Post a Comment