Saturday, June 16, 2018

Eden as a Mermaid and Hamadryad


Eden as a Mermaid at the edge of the Kelp Forest

If mermaids and even merpeople were or are real they would like living near a kelp forest.  The kelp forest are full of life.  IF merepoeple were carnivores they would have plenty of prey. . . if merepeople were or are herbivores they would have lots of Kelp, by the way. is a plant-like organism but it reproduces by way of a three stage method.  So this is rather unique.  It is placed in the Protista Kingdom instead of Plantae or Plant Kingdom.  Kelp is a good source of nutrients, especially iodine.  Many poeple...human poeple... take kelp pills.  I do.  Kelp is often what is wrapped around the fish in sushi.

This mermaid drawing turned out to have a kind of wild look.  Eden's face was actually very peaceful in the photo.  Not sure how that wild look happened.  I tried to show hair as it would look floating in the water.   In any case, the shirt turned out well.  I did the shirt in shells and shark teeth.  If you look carefully you can pick out the shark teeth.  I don't imagine merpeople would be friendly with sharks, but I might be wrong.   Both drawings are done in a different style called:
Modified New Retro Style.   It is actually New Retro style but I did the modifications.  So I call it Modified New Retro Style.  I think it is kind of cute.  The below drawing is also in my Modified New Retro Style with the larger than realistic head and larger eyes as well.



Eden as a Hamadryad


Hamadryads are defenders of their trees.  Hamadryads are much more connected to their individual tree.  If their tree dies then often the hammadryad dies too.  So here Eden is the Hamadryad on the ready to defend her tree.  She is not facing off against anyone but she is ready with her bow in her right hand and an arrow in her left hand.  Not all dryads are pictured with wings but some are.  I drew this Hamadryad with insect-like lacewings.   This makes the wings transparent or "see through."
Although this drawing is in the Modified New Retro Style, this is a better likeness of my grandniece Eden.  I hope she likes it.

No comments:

Post a Comment