Sunday, March 25, 2018

Woman at the Well



Girl at the Well with Jesus

There is a story in the Bible about a Samaritan woman who met Jesus at a well in Samaria.  Jesus prophetically told her that she had been married 5 times and at the present time the man she was with was not her husband.  She ran and told her village that a great prophet was here who told her everything she had ever done.

In this first drawing I tried to draw that story but I drew the woman too young.  But she looked like one of my 7th graders I used to teach and so I think I'll keep the drawing.  To fix the picture I drew a second woman...older this time, and I cut her out and pasted her over the original drawing of the girl at the well.

I think that this story is in the Bible to show how Jesus knew things that he could not have known . . . but because he was the divine Son of God he knew more than normal men.

Woman at the Well with Jesus

No comments:

Post a Comment