Sunday, March 11, 2018

Phoenix Life Cycle


Drawings for this post being scanned right now......

  A phoenix is a mythological creature that grows old and burst into flames.  This is not the end of the life of the phoenix...well, maybe it is the end of ONE of its lives because the phoenix is reborn from the ashes!  This first picture is the phoenix family.  I suppose the phoenix, like all breeds, must also breed, babies must hatch, and be baby birds for the first time at least once.  My grandnephew asked me to draw a phoenix family for him.  By the way this first drawing is not that drawing...I gave the first drawing to my grandnephew to color...but it gave me the idea to draw another phoenix family.  In fact I drew 4 new phoenix drawings. 


Phoenix Family 
(first time as a baby part of life cycle)

This next drawing was done for a different grandnephew but I remembered to make a copy for him. . . so I would have a the drawing for this coloring page blog.  (I drew for several grandnieces and grandnephews.  It was a big family gathering because their grandpa and grandma just got home from a mission for our church.)  


Phoenix in a Tree
(adult state of life cycle)

The third drawing I did tonight...  It shows the phoenix bursting into flames while sitting on some logs.  No worries, the unicorn is reborn in the last drawing.


Phoenix Bursting into Flames
(death stage of life cycle)

This last drawing shows the phoenix being reborn from the ashes after getting old and bursting in flames.   In THIS drawing the phoenix is being reborn.  You can see that the fire is out but the ashes are still hot.  .   .  so the ashes are still smoking as we see the baby phoenix being reborn from the ashes.  This can happen many many times because it may just be that a phoenix is immortal. 


Phoenix Baby reborn from the Ashes
(rebirth stage of life cycle)

By the way, this is very symbolic or you could easily see a religious parallel in the death and rebirth of the Phoenix.   SO, I am adding another post next about the religious similarities that I see.

No comments:

Post a Comment