Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Jesus portraits





Jesus portrait outside of Jerusalem.  

My favorite thing to draw while at church is a portrait of Jesus outside the walls of old Jerusalem.  I also sometimes draw him calling his 12 Apostles...usually at the Sea of Galilee.  Sometimes I draw Jesus in other places too.  Often those drawings of Jesus are given away to kids sitting near me...so the drawings don't make it on this blog.

This top drawing was done 2 weeks ago, I just didn't get around to posting it.  I picture Jesus with large kind eyes and usually with a smile.  Most portraits or portrayals of Jesus have Him with a frown or neutral look.  Jesus was perfect so certainly (in spite of His suffering) He had His happy moments as well so I often draw Him with a smile on His face.  I think that when He told his Disciples or Apostles that "When the blind lead the blind they both shall fall into the ditch." was an example of Jesus making a joke.  The joke had a serious intent, but I would think that Jesus was smiling when He said it and possibly gesturing at a nearby ditch.  That is depicted in the below drawing.  I drew it last Sunday in Church.  You'll notice that there are only three apostles pictured. . . the others are to the right, just out of the picture.  (There wasn't room for all 12 on the picture.)

Remember that printable versions will be in the New Testament List found by clicking the top button that says "Religious."


Jesus making a Joke

No comments:

Post a Comment