Thursday, March 8, 2018

Unicorn with fairy by a River

Unicorn with Fairy by a River

Often unicorns and fairies are depicted as being friends.  Sometimes artists draw the fairies as big as a full sized adult human and sometimes the fairies are small.   Fairies and Unicorns being friendly with each other works for me because as I understand the mythology or legends or stories...both unicorns and fairies are magical creatures of light and good.  Thew eschew evil.   Of course sometimes fairies are depicted as rather vain, but when the chips are down they choose light and good over darkness and evil.  

If you think about it, that is good advice for everyone to follow.  We all have our weaknesses, but are we going to choose to do what we know is right or what we know to be wrong?  Who we are is a combination of our circumstances and our genetic make-up,  but it is also a lot about the choices we make.  Our choices often determine many of our circumstances too.   

Let me give you an example:  I hope I am not vain like a fairy, but I think that I am a fairly good artists in some mediums.   However, I know that there are many artists who are more talented or / and more accomplished than me.  Even so, I use the talent I have and strive to improve my skills.  I may never be rich and famous, however I am giving people, mostly kids probably, fun things to color.  I believe we should use whatever talent we have.  I may not be a Michelangelo, but I am me and I am contributing what I can.   

By the way, the above drawing is of a non-traditional unicorn...  Below is an older drawing of a more traditional Unicorn with cloven hooves and a lion-like tail.  

Unicorn Traditional Look

No comments:

Post a Comment