Sunday, March 11, 2018

Phoenix Religious Significance

NOTE:  I will be adding drawings right now...be patient.  All of the following drawings have been on this blog before....

Phoenix Family
The phoenix myth is reminiscent of the Resurrection that we Christians believe in.  Lets take a comparative look at the similarities:
Phoenix Family

A phoenix is born.   It has to go through being a helpless baby for a while and through a childhood stage as well, where it needs the care and guidance of adults.

Mary and Baby Jesus

Jesus was born.  He went through being a helpless infant.  He was raised and cared for and of course taught by parents.  He grew and developed and of course he knew more than any other people as he (in my opinion) experienced a much thinner veil between heaven and Earth than the rest of us experience.   We can't remember our premortal life but I think that Jesus could.   That is why he was able to teach the wise men in the Temple at Jerusalem, when he was only 12 years old. 

Jesus as 12 Year Old at the Temple


Jesus and Joseph working in Carpentry Shop



Phoenix in a Tree

Phoenix live through an adult stage of life.  They have magical powers like carrying heavy loads, their tears can heal any injury or illness. 

Jesus heals a Sick Man

Jesus lived through a rather shortened adult stage of life. . . but he did much good including healing the sick and comforting the sad... and of course forgiving the sinners who repented.   He also taught the people to be kind to one another and keep the ten commandments. 
Jesus comforts a Young Woman

Jesus teaches about Forgiveness 


Jesus teaching the People

Phoenix die.  They burst into flames.  But they don't experience permanent death.


Phoenix bursting into Flames

Jesus suffered for our sins in the Garden of Gethsemane, and when he was crucified, and he died.  But his death also was not permanent. 

Jesus in the Garden of Gethsemane

The Phoenix is reborn from the ashes as a baby phoenix and starts life again.


Phoenix Baby reborn from the Ashes


Jesus was resurrected, however, as an adult and glorified being...a god.  He, as the Son of God, is God.   The creator of our Earth.   .   . and probably a lot more worlds besides. 



  We believe that because of the resurrection of Jesus Christ we all will be resurrected in perfect bodies.  That means a lot to someone like me who lives with advanced heart failure and a tracheal stent to keep my windpipe open.  Our resurrected bodies will never die again and we will have no pain or defects.  Having frequent pain in my trachea or heart I look forward to that day. 

Resurrection of Jesus

Jesus Ascending into Heaven

I should mention that although I believe in a glorious resurrection...I am in no hurry to die.  I enjoy my mortal life a LOT and I hope I am making a difference with this coloring pages blog.  I also try to serve others in the small ways I can.  That is an important part of why God sent us here to Earth.  I also love my wife, my kids, and my grandkids and I love spending time with them here on Earth.  Hopefully, with the continuing help of God,  that time will continue for years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment