Sunday, March 25, 2018

Country Bunnies to Color for Easter... now including Daddy Bunny

The Book, The Country Bunny and the Little Gold Shoes is a classic.  I read it growing up...I think I swiped my Sister's copy.  She says I did.  It is an amazing book... well before its time.  It is empowering to females, and in my opinion it is also empowering to anyone who is marginalized or downtrodden.  I absolutely love the book.  These drawings are from last year but I wanted to re-post them for you so you would remember that they are here.   The book was written in 1939.

Country Bunny and the Little Gold Shoes book

In the story a small and young girl country bunny says she will one day be one of the 5 Easter Bunnies that deliver eggs to boys and girls all over the world.  She is laughed at by the fast jackrabbits and rich white bunnies.  But she says, "Wait and see."

It turns out favorably for her of course, but she has 21 babies first.  She teaches them to work.  This book also says you can be a mother...or parent... and still reach your dreams.  I recommend it highly!  The book is available online and I have also seen it at Barnes and Noble stores this time of year.  (Easter time of year)   I have also seen it available on many book websites like Amazon.com, Christianbook.com, and even Walmart.com.  It can probably be found in many brick and mortar bookstores this time of year too.

One more point before I re-post the drawings... Many years ago I read a study that showed that successful people had only one thing in common...THEY ALL HAD CHORES TO DO AS KIDS!
So Mrs. Country Bunny teaching her kids to work is a correct principle we parents would do well to follow.

NOTE:  Printable versions of these drawings are on the "All Printables" page and on the "Holidays" page.  Just click on the buttons up top.  By the way, I  added one more Country Bunny drawing today.   You see, the book mentions that Mrs. Bunny was married.  So I drew him teaching a couple of his boys about farming.  I am inferring that Mr. Bunny would probably be a farmer.  The drawing of Daddy Bunny is now being included in the below drawings.  THIS drawing is not in the book in any way, but again, Mr. Bunny IS mentioned.  He was the father of the 21 babies. 
Country Bunny little girl bunny





Country Bunny Husband and Daddy


Country Bunny kids doing dishes



Country Bunny delivering eggs




No comments:

Post a Comment