Monday, December 6, 2021

Stegouros the Saw-tailed Ankylosaur from Chile - dinosaur coloring page

Welcome to my blog. 

I may not be posting for a while. 
I am having surgery tomorrow.  If all goes well then I have several drawings lined up to post. 

If it gets complicated I may be in the hospital for a while. 

Please keep me in your prayers.  My name is Robin Lyman.

Today's new post is of a newly discovered dinosaur from Chile. 



Stegouros the Saw-tailed Ankylosaur


Stegouros is a newly discovered and named type of armored Ankylosaur.  But instead of a club or no club on its tail it had what looks like a giant saw.  It had the same type of dermal armor to protect itself from predators like the Tyrannosaurs.  It lived in the cretaceous.  It lived way down south in what is now the country of Chile.  The full scientific name is Stegouros elengassen.  It was much smaller than Ankylosaurus.  Stegouros was only about 6 feet or about 2 meters long.  

The plants in the drawing include ephedra, cycads, and grass, as well as a deciduous bush.  New research shows that grass and flowers appeared before originally thought.  

NOTE:  This drawing can be found, in printable form, by clicking on the button labeled "Paleontology." and scrolling down the drop-down menu to the bottom.  New drawings are at the bottom of the list. 


No comments:

Post a Comment