Friday, December 20, 2019

Corina the Singing Fairy

Corina the Music Fairy

Corina is a Music Fairy.  In particular she is a Singing Music Fairy.  She is seen here in her natural diminutive size.  She is a bit of a rebel and is not wearing her flying belt.  She prefers to go out during the day and sing in Nature.  She is kneeling on some low growing tiny ground plants.  She is somewhat concealed by the grass.  

Now if WE heard her we would probably not see her.  Her magic would make us just see a pretty butterfly.  Since most people don't know about nor believe in the Fairy Folk we are pretty easy to fool.  

If you are wondering about the bee.  This IS a honey bee, not a wasp. . . Anyway, if you are wondering about the honey bee there IS a reason I drew one in the drawing.  Queen Bees sing to their worker or servant bees.  A gifted vocalist like a Singing Music Fairy can mimic that song and attract honey bees.  You may be surprised to know that Music Fairies like to be helpful to us mortals.  They will hide in our gardens and sing to attract pollinators like this honey bee.   

I want to mention, like I often do. . . It is impossible for me to capture the true beauty of a lovely Fairy with these tools of pencil and ink.  This is especially hard when there is a real life model like in this case.  And this model has an amazing voice.   I would need to spend far more time than the hour this drawing took me to complete the above drawing to capture her true beauty.  Actually, she is a good and kind person and that has a lot more to do with true beuaty than physical appearences.  The model for this drawing is a beautiful young adult woman who is studying vocal performance in college right now.   This wonderful young woman ran into my wife and I recently.   She was one of our 7th grade Science students a few years ago. 

You will notice, probably, that the above drawing is not inked in.  I know that you may prefer drawings inked in and I usually do. . . . but this looked pretty good in pencil so I did not want to mess it up.  Also, I am taking an Understanding Einstein Class right now, and helping with the prep for my daughter's wedding this month. . . so I've been kind of busy.

Down below are a couple of my detailed drawings done in the past at my Art Class at Artist Corner in Orem, Utah.  They are an Elvin Princess named Arwen, from the Lord Of The Rings movie.  The model for the first detailed drawing I am posting today is the beautiful actress Liv Tyler....and the other drawing is of a Forest Fairy named Laurentia.   The Arwen drawing is done with multilple pencils of different hardness and some airbrush.  The Laurentia drawing is done with pastel colored chalk.  



Arwen



Laurentia

The above detailed drawing of Laurentia was also a line drawing coloring page that I did first. 

Fairy Laurentia with Box Elder Bug

No comments:

Post a Comment