Wednesday, February 20, 2019

Lythronax the first Tyrannosaur



Lythronax with Protofeathers

Lythronax is the earliest of all the Tyrannosaurs.  That is a big deal.  At the University of Utah they have a head mock up of Lythronax and it has protofeathers  A couple of years ago a Paleontology Professor there told me that sooner or later we will discover a T. rex or Tyrannosaurus rex with evidence of feathers.  The mock up and my drawing of it both show Lythronax with protofeathers.  They are not flying feathers. . . probably they were just for display.   They might have been brightly colored like a peacock. . . we don't know.   As far as size, Lythronax argestes was 26 feet or 8 meters long and it weighed 2.5 metrci tonnes or 5,500 lbs.  


I have drawn Lythronax before.  It is a dinosaur on display at the Utah Museum of Natural History in Salt Lake City, Utah, USA.  Today we went to that museum and afterwards I had a doctor's appointment.   This may be T.M.I. but these are not the most pleasant of doctor appointments,  The doctors are awesome, as are their staff.   But one of the doctors has to put a camera down my throat and take a look.   That is never fun. . . although it IS kind of interesting to watch the show.   I was at the University of Utah Airway Clinic.  They have to scope me every time I go in there.  I have a T Tube stent holding open a collapsing trachea (windpipe) so they are monitoring my situation.   If you wonder why sometimes I don't post for a while . . . it is usually because my trachea is giving me problems.  So, sorry about the gaps.   But I'm hanging in there.  This drawing was entirely done while I waited in the doctor's office.  


No comments:

Post a Comment