Wednesday, October 12, 2022

Black Bear vs Young Bison coloring page

 Welcome to my free coloring pages blog!

Today I reached 125,000 hits from 50+ countries. 

Today's new drawing is drawn from photos I took in Yellowstone National Park a few years ago. 

There was one photo of a Black Bear and another photo of a Bison.

So I combined the two to make one drawing. 



Black Bear vs Young Bison


This is a young sub-adult bison.  He is facing off against a fully grown black bear. Fully grown adult bison bulls can be up to 2,200 lbs. or almost 1,000 kg.  An adult female can be up to 1,200 lbs. or 544 kg.

The largest black bear ever taken was 902 lbs or 409 kg.  Black bears are much smaller than Grizzly bears.  Large male black bears are up to 7 feet tall.  That is 2.23 meters tall. 

NOTE:  This drawing, in printable form, is found by clicking on the "Animals" button and scrolling down to the bottom of the list. Below are the photos I took in Yellowstone that I used for models for the animals.  Notice that the Black Bear is actually scratching his back on a tree stump.  And the Bison in the photo is full-grown... but I drew it as a sub-adult.  Both animals are modified in my coloring page drawing, of course.  


Black Bear from Yellowstone scratching his Back - photo



 Bison from Yellowstone


No comments:

Post a Comment