Sunday, January 6, 2019

Drawing with my Granddaughter

Drawing with my Granddaughter

My granddaughter was visiting today and she and I were drawing together.   I got the idea to draw her as she was drawing.  I was sitting on the couch.  She looked at the picture of
her and told me that I had to draw myself as well.  She insistes and who can resist a determined 3 year old.   This was a rather quick drawing and I used a fine point marker.  Usually I draw people with pencil first.  So the drawing is not perfect. but it will do.  The box in front is an ottoman that doubles as a toy box.  I actually took a selfie side view of myself as I sat on the couch.  I had previously gotten a box of crayons for my granddaughter but she wanted to draw with a pencil.  
She'll probably be a far better artist than me one day.   
By the way, I don't have that big of a double chin, but you can't erase with marker.  I also took off a few pounds when I drew myself.  I guess I'm vain.  

No comments:

Post a Comment