Sunday, April 17, 2022

2 more Easter Coloring Pages and a Tribute to The Country Bunny and the Little Gold Shoes coloring pages

 


I drew these two Easter-themed pictures in church today 

so I thought I better post them before the holiday is over.

The first is Jesus, as a resurrected being, appearing to some 

of His disciples at the Sea of Galilee.



A Resurrected Jesus appears to His Disciples at the Sea of Galilee


In the Holy Bible,in the Gospel of John chapter 21 we read of Jesus appearing to some of His disciples at the Sea of Tiberias.  That is another name for the Sea of Galilee.  Jesus called out to His disciples and told them to cast their net on the right side of the ship and they caught a lot of fish.  

Peter, recognizing that it was the Lord, put some clothes on quickly and he jumped into the water and swam to shore.  It was at that time that as they later walked on the beach, that Jesus told Peter to "Feed my sheep" and "Feed my lambs."  Jesus was calling His children on Earth His sheep or/and His Lambs and He wanted to encourage Peter to take care of and minister to Jesus' children on Earth.  Peter did just that as the first mortal leader of Jesus' church on Earth.  

By the way, there were actually 7 of His disciples on the boat.  




Country Bunny style Female Easter Bunny



The Country Bunny and the Little Gold Shoes

I want to say again that this is a great book and was inspiring to me and my sister when we were growing up.  I read it to my grandkids every Easter time.  It was written around 9 decades ago but its message was before its time and is still valid.  It teaches that your gender and your economic situation can be no roadblock to your success if you are wise, swift, and kind.  

NOTE:  These two new drawings are found, in printable form, under the "Holidays" button.  The picture of Jesus will also be in the New Testament section of the "Religious" drawings.  Some of my older drawings are not printing due to a Google Security update so I am working on fixing that problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment