Tuesday, January 9, 2018

The Greatest Showman circus coloring pages

I was so inspired by the new movie The Greatest Showman.  It was so well done.  I am a person  physical and health disabilities or challenges.  I live with a tracheotomy T Tube in my throat.  I could relate to the characters that were much of the cast.  These were called the freaks by some unkind people in the movie.  I can tell you that those of us with different bodies than normal are still worthwhile and often very good talented people.  The song "This Is Me" made me shed a few tears.  I know how the characters feel.  Yet in my life many good people have accepted me and made me welcome in their lives.  That would include thousands of students who let me teach them without ever saying anything rude.  ONE time a student was rude about my disability and the rest of the class chided him so I did not feel the need to.



Bearded Lady, Little General, and Tattooed Man

Did you know that things did not really happen exactly like they did in the movie, but some parts were  right on.  When Barnum lost his fortune his good friend "TomThumb" or the "Little General" contacted him and went on  a European tour with him and restored Barnum's fortune.  So it appears to me that 
P. T. Barnum really did have a good relationship with his performers.  

The circus performers were from different races and many of the people of New England or New York were still very prejudice in the 1800's.  Not in the movie is the fact that Barnum was a strong supporter of the North or Union in the American Civil War.  He spoke against slavery and said all people were children of God.  It was a Confederate sympathizer that burned his building  down.  


Trapeze Artist female 



Trapeze Artist redo



Trapeze Artist 2

I drew a trapeze artist but she clearly does not approach the beauty of the actress Zendaya who played the female trapeze artist in the movie.   Today, February 17th, I am adding a redo of the above drawing and a closer version of the drawing.   I could draw this much better than this drawing with fine point markers on a coloring page.  The more detailed kind of drawing with pencils and airbrush takes about 40 hours.  In any case,  I highly recommend this wonderful movie.  Every song was inspiring!!!  We've seen it twice now and are going again next week.

Since so many people are interested in this circus coloring page I made a second.  However, so it will be easier for you I am adding those drawings here as well. 


Ringmaster and Circus Performers from The Greatest Showman


Jumbo was an African Elephant who was orphaned as a calf.  He was living in the London Zoo when P. T. Barnum purchased him for the circus.  Jumbo was huge.  He died when he was hit by a train...possibly when he was trying to rescue an elephant calf that had wandered off.  The calf got a broken leg.   Jumbo did not make it.  He may have been 13.1 feet or 4 meters tall in his prime.  Of course P. T. Barnum said that were the measurements and he was known to exaggerate things like size.  The word "jumbo" has come to mean large sized.  Jumbo was not featured in the movie:  The Greatest Showman.  More about Jumbo on my later post titled:
 "The Greatest Showman Coloring Pages 2".  


Jumbo



Jumbo the circus elephant takes on the Train



No comments:

Post a Comment