Friday, September 1, 2017

S.C.A.M.P,E.R with Fan Art of Transformers, Paw Patrol, and Jay Leno

NOTE:  Another drawing will be coming shortly.....

S.C.A.M.P.E.R. is an acronym from the G.T. Education world.  G.T. means Gifted and Talented.  It was coined by a man named Bob Eberle.  Check out "Designorate.com"  It tells all about SCAMPER.  When you think about it this blog is combining a blog with coloring pages that I draw.  

S.C.A.M.P.E.R means:
S.      Substitute
C.      Combine
A.      Adapt
M.     Modify
P.       Put to another use
E.      Eliminate
R.      Reverse

It is used to teach creativity.   
Today I am including drawings that are from shows that are the C. in S.C.A.M.P.E.R.  They are all "Combine."  This post today is a few fan art drawings I have done from combined items.  They are not official nor am I selling the images for any profit.  I drew them for my grandnieces and grandnephews.
 Optimus Prime in Truck Form

This first one is of the Transformer Optimus Prime.  This is him in truck form.  I think that Transformers are rather ingenious.  Sometimes great creativity comes from combining two normally unrelated things.  So, the transformers are robots that can transform into a form like unto a vehicle.  That is combining.  Combining is a great way to make a creative breakthrough.  You may not like the Transformer movies but they have grossed almost 1.5 billion dollars at the box office. . . and that does not include all the transformer toys, lunch boxes, etc. etc.
Transfomer? Mobile Missile Launcher

The next one is sort of another transformer I think.  I'm not really sure.   I drew this from a toy my grandnephew had.  Some things in my drawing are quite different from my grandnephew's toy.   I was using his toy as a model.  I know from my days in R.O.T.C. that a M.L.R.S is a Multiple Launch Rocket System.  This could also be called a mobile missile launcher.  This "transformer's" vehicle form appears to be one of those.  Truly, I did change some things when I drew the toy.  My Grandnephew grabbed the drawing and started to color it before I could scan it. .  . so pardon the part that appears being colored gray.  By the way, I just learned that "gray" is the spelling used usually in the U.S.A. and "grey" is more popular in the U.K.
Paw Patrol fan art

Paw Patrol is a children's animated show that combines cute little animals with real-world jobs.  This show introduces, in a fun way, several careers to very young children.  I really recommend it.  Again, the creative folks who made it combined normally unrelated things to great success.

Just so you know, when I recommend a children's show I guess the main qualifications I have are a teaching certificate and experience teaching PreK-6 Elementary Education, and 7-12 Science.  So I think that as an educator I can recognize a show that educates well.  Besides, creativity is what makes the learning fun.
Jay Leno must have married a fairy.

This last drawing happened by accident.  So it is a "combine" but by accident. I think the fairy I was trying to draw turned out to look like Jay Leno, the former Tonight Show host and host of Jay's Garage.  I think this is what a child of Jay Leno's might look like if Jay had married a fairy.


No comments:

Post a Comment