Monday, July 10, 2017

Suzie the Horse

Years ago my niece let me photograph her horse.  I originally drew "Suzie the Horse" as "Suzie the Unicorn."  I posted that drawing, done in pastel chalk, several months ago.   I had just drawn a coloring page version of Suzie the Unicorn.  Tonight I removed the horn and turned the coloring page drawing into a horse...Suzie the Horse.  Thank you goes to my niece Serenity.   

This horse taught me how a large animal can still have deep feelings.  Suzie was not mature enough to be ridden, so when my brother in law and his daughter Serenity went for a ride on their other two horses Suzie was left behind.  Poor Suzie, she rested her chin on my shoulder and cried.  It was like she was saying, "They left me...they left me!"  It helped me see why people can love their horses.  


Original Drawing of Suzie the Unicorn is coming...

No comments:

Post a Comment