Saturday, July 8, 2017

Dragon Female Flying over a Castle



I don't like to imagine that if dragons were real that they would all be evil.  I think that the way the universe works, any species of sentient beings may well have both good and evil individuals.  In fact, being a believer in divine creation, I believe that God made the universe that way.  Good vs Evil is the way that our known fellow sentient beings (Mankind) exists on our planet.... so why not dragons coming in both good and evil varieties?



Dragon Female Flying over a Castle

So this is a drawing of a GOOD dragon.  I also think that Dragons would come in both sexes, male and female.  After all, most species come with those two varieties, male and female.  There are some species that do not come in two sexes, but most vertebrates (animals with a backbone) come in the male and female variety.  Although, some female vertebrate animals like some sharks, can actually reproduce without the male.  And some invertebrates, like aphids, only exists as females.  The baby aphids are clones of the parents.  So, the Natural World is pretty weird.

So, dragons... if they were real... may have had mates.  Many advanced animals, like most birds of prey, mate for life.  Wolves tend to pair off for life too...if they are the Alpha male and female.
In fact, after I post the drawing of a single dragon, I am going to add to this drawing and give her a mate.


Dragon Mates flying over a Castle

By the way, I draw in meetings, during Church, and at other times. For people like me with ADHD, this can be a great way to focus better on the meeting etc. I sometimes feel bad that as a teacher I did not let kids draw more when I was teaching. Yes in CAN be a distraction, but for some of us we really do focus better on a lesson, meeting, etc. IF we are drawing. If my health ever returns so I can go back to teaching I am going to remember that and let kids draw during my lessons. 

No comments:

Post a Comment