Sunday, October 27, 2019

Jesus in a Valley




Jesus going for a walk in a Valley

Jesus was and is our Savior.  No matter how alone you feel, Jesus is there for you.  I was once thousands of miles from home in a hospital in Boston.  I felt so alone.  My wife had been required to go back to work... so she had to fly back to Utah.  My surgery had failed and the doctors were certain that I was not going to make it.  Then one night, I suddenly just knew that Jesus knew how I felt.  His apostles abandoned him to the soldiers and the mob.  In the Garden of Gethsemane He suffered so badly that he bled from every pore. (I was just bleeding from my chest tube and trachea.)  Jesus suffered and paid the eternal price for our sins,  but he also suffered to know how we feel and to know how to succor his children.  We are His children in the sense that He is the Father of our Salvation.  Our Heavenly Father sent His son to suffer and die for us so that upon the conditions of repentence... we could return one day to our Heavenly Home.   I just knew that I truly was not alone.  I was with Jesus.  He was there for me.  He know about pain, and bleeding, and being alone.  

I was cared for by kind doctors and nurses, but they were not family.  One day during that 3 month hospital stay my oldest sister surprised me by showing up at the hospital.  She had flown in clear from Nevada.  Nevada is nearly clear across the country from Boston, Masschuttsetts.   

 I should also mention that I could feel all the prayers being said for me by my large extended family, my friends, my co-workers, and my ward or congregation of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

I have said before that Jesus would often go on walks in Nature.  He created this planet and I am sure that he had a connection with everything in Nature.  During His ministry, for 3 years, he appearantly lived as an itenerant preacher and had no home of His own.  So He also knows what it is like to be homeless.  You might notice that he is carrying his bedroll.  He was living on the road so that would make sense.  

NOTE:  This drawing was done LAST week during church.  (Today's church drawing did not work.)
I drew this first in pencil and inked it in tonight at home.   I have had a lot of pain today and tonight so drawing helps me cope.  For me, drawing is a good distraction.  Printable versions of this drawing are found by clicking on the right button up top.  Click on either. . . . All Printables. . . .  or . . . . . .
. . . . . . Religious . . . . .    Be sure to scroll down the drop down menu to the last entry.  New drawings are last on the list.  One final thought.  Jesus is drawn here with intense eyes.  I think that he had kind eyes but at time he could give people, or animals for that matter, "the look."  He was the Creator of this world after all.  I am so grateful that Jesus Christ came to Earth to make my repentence possible.  And I look forward to my resurrection when my perfected body will be reunited with my spirit and there will be no trach tube, nor R. Arthritis, nor diabetes, nor heart failure.   Jesus made the resurrection possible for all or us too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment