Tuesday, October 8, 2024

Escargot and the Search for Spring book review and fan art coloring page

Today on this free coloring pages blog I am writing a book review on an excellent

children's book called Escargot and the Search for Spring.  

I am also posting a fan-art coloring page of the main character from this book. 



Escargot and Plush Bunny

I recently purchased a book called Escargot and the Search for Spring.  It was written by Dashka Slater.  The awesome illustrations were done by Sydney Hanson. (I hope she's OK with my fan-art effort here.) What a great storybook!  I have purchased two of the other Escargot books in the past!  I read these to my 4-year-old granddaughter.  She LOVES the stories!  I have fun reading the books with what is probably a terrible fake French accent.  It really is fun!  It kind of makes me hoarse when I talk that way.

In THIS Escargot book the snail (Escargot is actually a living snail) is trapped in his home.  He THINKS he has a big snowbank blocking his door but it is a bunny.  The story is so cute.  Our granddaughter loves bunnies so this was the PERFECT Escargot book for her.  

The bunny in my drawing here is NOT the bunny from the book.  It is our granddaughter's plush or stuffed bunny.  She also has a plush Escargot snail.  I highly recommend this series of books!  They are the ultimate fun read-aloud picture books!  By the way, my drawing of the snail IS based on Escargot, however it is not exactly the same.  

NOTE:  To print this fan-art drawing in order to color it, just click on the "Animals" button and scroll down.  IF you are accessing this around Oct. 2024 then this drawing will be near or at the bottom of the list.  I hope you read these Escargot books and I hope you enjoy coloring the drawing.  

No comments:

Post a Comment