Sunday, December 17, 2023

The Little Drummer Boy & Little Drummer Girl coloring pages

 This is my free coloring pages blog with hundreds of drawings that I have done...mostly.

A grandniece and grandnephew did a few of them.

Today's new drawing is of The Little Drummer Boy and...

The Little Drummer Girl.

I will explain shortly.



The Little Drummer Boy


The song The Little Drummer Boy is one of my favorite Christmas songs.  It is not exactly from scripture, but it has such a nice thought to it.  I was a drummer for years.


The Little Drummer Girl


In Jewish tradition, it is actually the females who play hand drums, so that gave me this idea.  Notice the newborn lamb in the foreground.  The lamb is symbolic because Jesus was the Lamb of God. He died for our sins.  That means that His atoning sacrifice makes repentance possible for the rest of us to be able to repent of our sins and one day return to live with our Heavenly Parents.   

These drawings, in printable form, are found by clicking the "Religious" button.  Then scroll down to the New Testament section.  Go to the end of that section to see this pair of new drawings.  The New Testament section seemed the appropriate section to post these two new drawings.  I know that there are no Little Drummer Boys nor Little Drummer Girls mentioned in the Bible. But I think it is nice to think of them.  Clearly, Jesus influenced many people during his life.  I am sure that not all of the people of His day who he influenced are mentioned in the New Testament.  

OOPS!  I gotta play with grandkids so the printable versions of these drawings will be posted in a couple of hours.  

No comments:

Post a Comment