Saturday, October 2, 2021

I'm Back!

 Hello again to everyone out there!  We were waiting for our home to be finished and our lease on the rented home we were in ran out.  So we were homeless for over a month.  We are now in our new home that had been delayed due to supply chain problems due to COVID 19.  So I could not post for some time.  I will now post several drawings that I did while we were staying with family or staying at hotels and motels.  (I did NOT quit drawing.)  

I do want to say that this was a tough time.  We were not destitute but it was awful to have no home.  I even experienced some severe depression and anxiety.  (Drawing helped me during anxiety attacks but I also had medication prescribed by my doctor.)  

I have also been on an antidepressant.  This whole experience gave me new empathy for those who suffer from any type of mental illness.  It also has given me a chance to turn to the Lord more fully.  (I have never prayed so much or prayed harder than during these rough times.)  I am feeling better, so now that we have a home I hope to start to post again.  However, my printer/scanner is giving me grief so hopefully, I can get that worked out and begin to post again.  

During this time I was in the hospital twice with heart and trachea problems.  It was pretty scary. I am grateful to the Lord for good medical care during these rough times.  When life gets hard we can either get angry at God and turn away from Him or we can turn TO Him for his help.  Either way, the rough times will come so I might as well turn TO God and get help dealing with the trials.  

So, hopefully, I can get my printer/scanner working and begin to start posting the backlog of drawings I have done.  I will start with the religious drawings since this is General Conference weekend for those of us who are members of The Chruch of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. 

No comments:

Post a Comment