Sunday, January 10, 2021

Night Unicorn with Cutie Mark coloring page

 Welcome to my Free Coloring Pages blog.

There are no ads and no fees to view and print over 1000 coloring pages.

Today's new drawing is unique because I have designed a "Cutie Mark" of my own.

The drawing is of a Night Unicorn.






Night Unicorn with Cutie Mark

This drawing is very personal to me because I designed my own "Cutie Mark."  If you are a fan of My Little Pony TV show you know the importance of Cutie Marks.  The Cutie Mark identifies things like the interests of the pony or unicorn or alicorn.  It also shows what is important to that creature.  

Night Unicorns prefer to be active at night.  They therefore are nocturnal.  Night Unicorns are very secretive and mortals almost never see them.  There are Night Unicorns wherever there are Unicorns that are active during the day.  

So, let me tell you about MY cutie mark that is seen on this Unicorn.  By the way, this is NOT a My Little Pony style of drawing, it is my own style.  Or I should say ONE of my own styles.  It is part cartoon drawing and part realism.  This Unicorn is in a meadow by a small wood or grove of trees. 

Anyway, about my own personal Cutie Mark:  The fish symbol is a Christian symbol or a Symbol of Jesus Christ.  Jesus said, "Come, and I will make you fishers of men."  I believe that Jesus Christ was and IS the Savior of the world and of every individual human that has ever lived, that lives now, or will ever live.  Because of the Atonement of Jesus Christ, we all will be resurrected one day.  That means that after we die our spirit goes to dwell in the Spirit World.  When we are resurrected our spirit reunites with our mortal body, only it will be a perfected and immortal body.  

The Atonement of Jesus Christ also lets us choose to repent of our sins.  Then the Atonement pays the eternal price for those sins. If we strive to keep God's commandments we can one day live with our family in the eternities.  So the family is very important to me.  Therefore there is a "Family" drawing as part of my Cutie Mark.  I believe that our relationships with our family members are by far some of the most important things we should be nourishing in our mortal life.  That includes our relationship with our spouse if we have been blessed to have a spouse.  As older adults, my wife and I enjoy the relationship we have with our three grandchildren and we cherish those relationships.  Yet the relationship with our now-grown children is also a great blessing to us in our later years.  It is so amazing to see our once little children as adults who are doing their best to make their own way in the world.  

Education is very important to me.  So there is a graduation cap to show how both teaching and learning are to me. I was an English as a Second Language (ESL) teacher and a bilingual education teacher in elementary schools.  I then was a Jr. High Science Teacher.  So there is a symbol of a planet like Saturn, and a symbol of a deer.  The planet and deer both represent my love of Science... especially my love of Astronomy and Biology.  The deer also represents my love of Nature.  In fact, the fish could also represent my love of the outdoors and of fishing.  Actually, both my wife and I were Science Teachers and we feel that the knowledge of science is enriching to our lives.  I am particularly obsessed with dinosaurs, so there is also a dinosaur as part of the Cutie Mark. 

The "Family" symbol and the "Deer" symbol are both from Native American pictograph language.  I am part Native American and very proud of that heritage.  Much of the Constitution of the United States was modeled off of the government of my Iroquois (Native American) ancestors.  

There is a Fairy symbol.  I love the idea of Fairies.   I have fun drawing Fairies and if you read this blog regularly you know that I draw a lot of people as Fairies.  In fact, I like the idea of Fairies so much I am working on a novel about a Fairy that marries a mortal man.   I work on the book, using my iPhone, usually late at night when my health challenges keep me awake.  In my Fairy world, (which is still Earth), the Fairies live in secret in underground villages.  Fairies can enlarge to mortal size and some choose to live among us and appear as mortals to our mortal eyes.  The unique thing about my Fairy story is that Fairies are religious, in fact, most Fairies in my novel are Christians.  

The central symbol in my Cutie Mark is a Heart with a circle in it.  The Heart is a symbol (to me) of Charity or Love.  The Holy Bible speaks of the importance of Charity.  The Book of Mormon also speaks of Charity and both emphasize that we must develop charity for others.  I believe we can develop charity for our fellow mortals AND for our other fellow beings.  We are dog lovers and, over the years, have adopted 5 different senior rescue dogs.  Our current doggy is struggling with the beginnings of doggy dementia and we have to be very patient with him.  

The Book Of Mormon, Another Testament of Jesus Christ tells us to pray for charity.  It means we should pray to develop charity in our hearts.  Charity is the pure love of Christ.  He loves us without conditions, but he commands us to keep His commandments so that we can be truly happy.  True happiness comes from keeping the commandments.  

The circle in the center of the heart has to do with the eternities.  A circle has been a symbol of forever.  We members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints believe that marriage is eternal when we are sealed in the Temple of God and when we keep our covenants.  Hence the symbolism of the shape of a circular wedding ring.  It symbolizes eternity.  I am very grateful for my kind, patient, and loving wife. 
 
The circle also reminds me to keep an eternal perspective.  This is especially important in times of trials.  I am suffering from tracheal malacia, and have been doing so for over 2 decades.  There is a stent in my trachea and embedded mesh that make me hurt and bleed nearly constantly now.  I also have heart failure, diabetes, and rheumatoid arthritis.  My wife is also dealing with a treatable form of blood cancer.  She has to take a chemotherapy pill every day.  She also has essential tremors and fibromyalgia.  Depression is a mental illness that also runs in my family.  We both have had counseling or mental health therapy to help us there.  

We choose to keep an eternal perspective on our trials.  And yes, sometimes it is very challenging, but we have a strong belief that this very corruptible body will one day be a resurrected and glorious body and we will dwell with our family and our Eternal Parents, and our Savior Jesus Christ... in the eternities. 

By the way, this Night Unicorn is living on Earth.  I DID draw some of our solar system planets though, (in a rather large size).  The planets are Jupiter, Saturn, and Mercury and they were in conjunction in the southwest sky last night.  The main light source in the drawing is the moon.  I kind of drew the "man on the moon" very much more visible than it really is.  Besides, I drew him as a "happy man on the moon."  There is also a "happy tree" in the drawing.  Can you find it?  The light source for the planets and the moon is of course the sun and it is located far to the left and out of the picture.  Remember that planets and moons reflect light from the sun.  Planets and moons don't make their own light.   

 I also should mention that although I have watched My Little Pony with my grandkids, I am not a "Brony" or older male enthusiasts of the show.  Still, there are good lessons of loyalty, friendship, and right vs wrong from My Little Pony and I recommend the show for young kids.  The artwork of the drawings alone is rather fascinating.  My own style of drawing cartoon unicorns and ponies is influenced by it, but still, my drawings are my own style.  

NOTE:  This drawing will be posted in the category of "Fantasy, Myths, and Circus".  Just click on the right button and scroll to the bottom of the printables list to get to the new drawing.  

No comments:

Post a Comment