Saturday, February 17, 2018

Greatest Showman Circus Coloring Pages 3 Trapeze

New drawings coming shortly...I'm scanning them.  . . . . . .

I loved the trapeze scenes in the movie The Greatest Showman.  The actress and singer, Zendaya did a LOT of her own trapeze scenes.  There was a double but the director had Zendaya train a great deal so they could really minimize the use of the double.  I assume the double was a true trapeze artist.


Trapeze Artist 2 from Greatest Showman

A great lesson or message is found in the movie.  An Anglo-American man, or you could say European American man, falls in love with a woman who is an African-American.  In the 1800's that was probably looked down on by the majority of Americans. They work it out and the trapeze scene with both of them is really cool!  I love the song "Rewrite the Stars" that they sing together.

Since the 1800's a real shift in attitude occurred in the USA.  I have always known couples who were what is called "mixed race" and I never thought anything of it.  My own family has mixed race couples and I think all of us feel like race doesn't matter.  What matters is if the person marrying your loved one is a good, kind, and responsible person.  That was one of the messages in the movie The Greatest Showman.  Most Americans I know have no problem with marriage between races.  Your cultural heritage is very important, but we all are human.  If a man from China marries a woman from Norway they can have children.  That is more less the scientific definition of species.  So since we are all the same species there is no reason to have a problem with couples whose family background is from different parts of the world.  I am sure some people would disagree with me, but I dated gals from different parts of the world and

I see no difference in races etc. as far as who is good etc.  I take people one at a time.  Judging a person based on race is what a pea wit does.   (That is paraphrasing a line by an Irish sergeant from the movie Gettysburg.)

Another great lesson or message from the movie is to go for your dreams, but don't forget what is most important (your spouse and family).  I think that what we take with us when we die is the following:  Our faith and our relationships.  That's it. We believe that the family and even friendships we develop in mortality continue for eternity.  So be nice to your spouse, children, siblings, parents, friends, and co-workers.

Trapeze Artist redo
NOTE:  I am also posting these drawings on my original Greatest Showman Circus Coloring Page post.  It has been my most popular page so I also made some corrections on the original trapeze artist drawing.  I also decided to do the closer drawing of the trapeze artist, but I still think I would need to draw for 40 hours in a different medium than fine point pen to capture Zendaya's true physical beauty.
The redo above is a little better on the face I think. . .better than the original drawing.   IF you want to see those other drawings from The Greatest Showman then scroll down and hit the "Older Posts" button and you should be able to scroll down to the older posts including the Greatest Showman Circus coloring pages.  You can also find the printable versions on the top buttons. 

No comments:

Post a Comment