Sunday, February 25, 2018

Wizard and Familiar

In fantasy literature, sometimes wizards  have a familiar.  This is an animal that often is bonded to a magical person...kind of like witches having a cat.   Wizards are usually drawn as old men. . . but I thought, "A wizard has to be young at some point in his life."  So this is a young wizard with his familiar or pet dragon.  Of course in some stories dragons are clearly highly intelligent so in that case we would say this is a wizard and his friend...who is a dragon. 



Wizard and Pet Dragon

We spent the last two days helping out as volunteers running a Potions Class
 at Wizarding Dayz, so wizards are on my mind.  in literature wizards seem to be either good or bad.  Some good wizards are known to turn bad.  Of course if I were a wizard I would work in white or good magic.  I would always be good.  As I have heard said before about good wizards, "Good wizards always seem to do their magic with a useful purpose." 

NOTE:  I know the hands and arms should be a bit larger in this drawing...but I'm too tired to fix it tonight...maybe tomorrow.  

No comments:

Post a Comment