Monday, October 16, 2017

Jesus in Garden of Gethsemane


Jesus in the Garden of Gethsemane with an Angel
This is a new drawing from Sunday.
The other drawings in this post are from previous posts.

In the New Testament in the Holy Bible it says that as Jesus was praying in the Garden of Gethsemane right before he was arrested that an angel appeared to him.  This is found  in Luke 22:43... "And there appeared an angel unto him from heaven, strengthening him."

Jesus Suffers in Gethsemane

Being a Mormon or member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints I believe that Jesus died for our sins on the cross, but that he also started to take upon himself the eternal punishment for our sins while in the Garden of Gethsemane.  Jesus will not be punished for eternity, but like a friend paying a large fine to get his friend out of jail, Jesus paid the price for our sins.  He went through a terribly illegal trail and was executed via the torture of the cross.  He was half god.  God the Father...our Heavenly Father, was his earthly Father.  Heavenly Father is the Father of all of our Spirits.  So he is the Heavenly Father or the Father of our Brother Jesus' Spirit...but he is also the earthly Father of Jesus.  This is why one of the names for Jesus is the "Only Begotten."

Because Jesus Christ suffered and died for our sins we can be forgiven of OUR sins IF we repent and try to do better.  I am soooooooooo grateful for our Savior.  I've had plenty to repent of in my life.  But we are all sinners.  We all fall short of perfection in mortality so we all need the Atonement of Christ.

Resurrection of Jesus

Jesus resurrected (came back to life) after his body had been dead for 3 days... so we can one day receive a glorified and resurrected body.  This is a great promise to someone like me who is living with a trach tube, heart failure, diabetes, and etc.
Jesus welcomes a Woman into the Spirit World

After we die our spirit will go to the Spirit World and live with our loved ones and continue to progress and learn.  I strongly believe that some of us will be welcomed there by our Savior.  Then when Jesus comes back to Earth each of us will have our Spirit reunite with our body.  Some people may be resurrected after or before Christ's second coming.  But some will return in Glory to the Earth with Him.

One more thing I want to mention.  In the last few years I have learned that because of what Jesus went thought for us He can relate to us in our trials.  HE felt EVERY suffering that all Mankind has ever known...that each one of us has ever known.  He knows how we feel no matter what our trial and that helps us receive comfort from Him and the Holy Ghost or Holy Spirit.


When I was in Boston, after a failed operation, and had been told that I would die... and my family was far away, one night I just KNEW that the Savior knew just how I felt.  It somehow gave me great comfort.  By the way, that was 11 years ago and I'm still in mortality... still alive.  .  . and very grateful to be so.  I want to tell you, if you are going through a tough time, our Savior knows what you are going through.  He knows how you feel.  If you turn to him he will help heal your soul.  He said, "Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest." Matt 11:28

The Savior can help you get through the hard times.  He can help you know that better times are ahead.   You can develop faith that He will help you in all your times of trouble. 


No comments:

Post a Comment