Sunday, October 29, 2017

Jesus in the Americas

This post is LDS Doctrine.  In other words, it is the Gospel of Jesus Christ as taught by the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.  I am a believing member of this church.  I firmly believe that Jesus visited the Americas and taught the people about His atoning sacrifice for our sins.  In fact, the Book of Mormon teaches that Jesus went to many "other sheep" and taught them His Gospel.   In the book of 3rd Nephi it tells how Jesus visited the Nephites and Lamanites somewhere in the New World or the Americas.  Maybe it was in Central America, or South America, or maybe in the Mississippi River Valley of North America.


Jesus Appears to His People in the Americas

Interestingly enough many tribes and groups tell of a great god who came and taught them peace and love and said that he would one day return.  The Aztecs thought that Cortez was that God.  The Aztecs beleived in a great bearded god who would one day return.  It was their "Feathered Serpent god called Quetzalcoatl.  The crafty Cortez took advantage of that belief and was able to conquer the Aztec Nation of Central Mexico.

My wife and I in front of the Pyramid of Kukulkan 
The Mayan Feathered Serpent god was Kukulkan.  The above pyramid is still in Chichen Itza Mexico.  We went to this magnificent pyramid and it is very impressive at around 100 feet tall.  When you stand in front of it and clap your hands it echos back a chirping sound.  I think it is possible that Kukulkan and Quetzal Coatl are both the same divine being, namely a resurrected Jesus Christ.  .   .  the creator of our world and the Son of God the Father.  I think the Jesus visited many peoples all over the world and maybe even on other planets that He created.  He loves us all and because He paid the price for our sins we can be forgiven and one day live for eternity with our families, our Heavenly Father and our Savior Jesus Christ.   We will also all be resurrected and receive incorruptible perfect eternal bodies.  (our spirit will reunite with our bodies but our bodies will be incapable of disease and we will have no mortal flaws...because we will be immortal.

The people's clothes in my drawing are from traditional Mayan cloth.  I lived in a small village called Cunen Guatemala when I was a boy.  I went to much of first grade there.  My father had started a medical mission there.  Later in life in the USA I became an ESL teacher and I could relate to my students very well.  In the elementary school in Cunen Guatemala my brother and I were the only kids who could not speak Spanish.  I have some of this type of traditional Mayan cloth at my home.

By the way, the people in the village of Cunen were so kind to us.  My father set up the first medical and dental clinic that had ever been there in this small isolated community.  My best friend was named Mario.  He and his buddies were so kind to me.   He lived in a bamboo hut in the middle of a corn field.  We went all over that town together.  I went on to serve an LDS mission to New Mexico and I am fluent in Spanish.  I have taught ESL and Bilingual Education as well. 

Now, maybe Jesus did not appear at Chichen Itza, but I like to think that He did.  I also think that He may have appeared to His people at Teotihuacan and Tikal, Machu Pichu, Tula, Monte Alban, the Mound Builders in the Mississippi Valley and to people all over the world.  Many may have been descendants of His lost Ten Tribes of Israel.  Those tribes were scattered throughout all the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment