Saturday, May 19, 2018

Winged Familia Heart



Winged "Familia" Heart

I met some Hispanic men who were working in construction.  I met them at a motel pool when we were helping our daughter and her family move.  They were working in the area where our daughter's family lived. . . at the time.  These were very nice young men and we had a nice talk.  One of them had an amazing tattoo honoring family.  What was even more amazing was that HE drew the original drawing.  After we went back to our rooms he showed me the original drawing.  Even more impressive to me was he insisted on giving me the original drawing.  He was truly a gifted artist.  And to give me his original drawing because I liked it really touched my heart.  Of course it is actually a drawing of a winged heart.  I think that with people it is very important to not judge a book by its cover. 

In the below coloring page version I have drawn over a copy of his original that was run off in gray ink.  It is now very printable and you can color it if you choose.  I should note that wings are very hard to draw and he did an amazing job on them.  The organs of the human body are also very difficult to draw.  I know, I drew them every year for 16 years to teach 7th graders about them.  So this is not an original drawing of mine.  It was done by artist who signed the drawing.  What is sad is that I do not have his full name other than the signed signature.  He gave it to me on a small paper and I lost it.   because we had to load our car up with our daughter's family's stuff.   The artist's first name is Salvador.  He gave me permission to post his picture and make the coloring page version.
You can look at the color copy of  his drawing and color your page that way, or you can color the coloring page anyway you want to.

The banner on the drawing says, (translated into English)...
"Family, where life begins and the love never ends."
THAT is a message that we all need to hear.


Winged "Familia" Heart coloring page

No comments:

Post a Comment