Sunday, May 27, 2018

Lambeosaurus


Lambeosaurus by a Pond

Lambesaurus was a Hadrosaur, which means they were duck billed dinosaurs.  They ate plants so they were herbivores.  They also had a crest like many other Hadrosaurs.  But each species had a unique crest.  The crest was for species identification probably.  They had hundreds of teeth and could chew like a mammal.  Lambeosaurus fossils have been found in Alberta Canada and some Northern  states of the western USA.  It was quit large.  It could grow up to 49 feet or 15 meters long and weigh as much as 6,600 lbs or almost 3,000  kg.  Lambeosaurus is closely related to Corythosaurus, another duck billed dinosaur with a flat crest on its head like a Roman helmet.  Lambeosaurus lived in the late Cretaceous Period, but not with T. rex ...  Lambeosaurus lived several million years before T. rex but not before a possible T. rex ancestors called Daspleteosaurus.
Daspleteosaurus on the Prowl
This is an older drawing.  It IS on the printable lists found by clicking the top buttons.

In case you are a frequent visitor to this blog.  .   .  first of all thank you for your interest and second of all, I had hand surgery.  I also went south to a nephew's high school graduation.  While in Southern Utah we visited an amazing site.  It is called Choral Pink Sand Dunes.  I will be drawing some animals from that area as soon as my hand heals.  I would not be posting this dinosaur, but it was mostly already drawn before my surgery.   I apologize for not having posted for a few day.  I would have written more today, but it still kind of hurts to draw still, and it is hard to type with a bandage on one finger.  I would also have added more detail to the background, but it is hard to draw too precisely. . . and my hand was starting to hurt. 

 My hand with Bandage from surgery



Choral Pink Sand Dunes near Kanab Utah


NOTE:  Printable versions of the drawing are found by clicking on the buttons at the top of the page.  Older entries are first and newer entries are at the bottom of the lists.  The buttons for today's post are "Paleontology" and "All Printables".  

No comments:

Post a Comment