Friday, May 18, 2018

Go Dog Go tribute page


Go Dog Go tribute page

I grew up with many health problems.  I was often in the hospital.  I was in the hospital so often that in our small town hospital. . . they actually had a room reserved just for me.  Often I spent a a week to five days in that room.  I think I learned to read partly from the  books that they had on the reading cart at that hospital.  In fact, the book Go Dog Go is what taught me to decode.   "Decode"  means reading and getting that the letters make sounds etc.  When I was an ESL teacher at elementary schools I used the book Go Dog Go frequently.  It is a great book for teaching sounds and letters... and especially English vocabulary.

Words like "up, down, under, over, in, out, go, stop and etc. are key words in any language.  I love reading the book Go Dog Go to my grand kids now.  My granddaughter is  now into telling the driver "stop" and "go" when at stop lights.

The below is an activity like what I used to do when I taught elementary school.  It is available to print on the Animals and All Printables buttons at the top of the page.




Go Dog Go worksheet page

No comments:

Post a Comment