Sunday, June 18, 2017

Father's Day or Salute to Dads, Stepdads, and Grandpas

This post took too long and is very late.  Our main computer went on the fritz so we tried to do this on a Chromebook.   We did the best we could...only got 2 drawings on the blog by Father's Day.  We just got back off vacation so that was also a problem.  Maybe I'll re=post these next year, a few days before Father's Day.   I suppose that these cards I drew could be either given late or you could use them next year.  I am posting more cards and pictures now that I got  my main computer fixed.  It may be close to time to buy a new laptop computer.


Father's day is when we say thanks to the fathers and even stepfathers who have made a difference in our lives.  Many fathers are hard working men who strive to make a living and still make time to connect with their kids.


Mustached Father with Daughter
Girls, print this card, fold it in half, color it, fold it in half, and give it to your dad. . .
even if it is a day late.



Father and Son
Boys, print this card, fold it in half, color it, fold it in half, and give it to your dad. . .
even if it is a day late.




T. rex father cares for his chick.  
Boys or girls, print this card, color it, fold it in half, and give it to your dad. . . even if it is a day late.


Young male Pteranodon chick taking flying lesson from his dad.
This is another a printable card.


Young female Pteranodon chick taking flying lessons from her dad.  
Note that eyelashes are the cartooning trick to make a character female.
This is also a printable card.





Grandfather T. rex with grandson
Lets also give credit to our grandfathers and the good that they do.  By the way, mounting evidence is saying that T. rex and other Theropods may have lived in packs.  So perhaps an elderly T. rex grandpa may have helped care for the chicks.  Of course the dinosaurs did not speak English.



Joseph and Mary traveling to Bethlehem


I thought of what a good husband and stepfather Joseph was. Joseph took his wife on a journey for the Roman census and was in touch with the Spirit to receive guidance I am sure.

Jesus at age 17 with Joseph, His Stepfather


We may not think about it much, but Joseph was the stepfather of our Lord Jesus, must have taught Jesus the carpentry trade. Here we see them working together when Jesus was a young man of 17. I have known stepfathers that were great men. My own son's stepfather is a good man. I think that a good father or stepfather is, in my opinion, one of the the signs of a real man. I know one man who has been able to adopt several stepchildren. Kudos to him and all stepfathers who do their best.

I think we sometimes forget that Jesus was a real person and had to grow up. There are very few pictures of Jesus as a young man. So I drew this because I thought of Jesus as an older teenager, just getting his beard. He, Jesus probably learned the carpentry trade from his stepfather Joseph. Here they are working together in Joseph's carpentry shop.








No comments:

Post a Comment