Today's coloring page for younger kids is of the Ugly Duckling.
This is my free coloring pages blog. Feel free to print any of the over 3000 coloring pages I drew...
Or color one of the several coloring pages done by my grandniece or grandnephew.
The Ugly Duckling meets a Swan
I think that in the original story of the Ugly Duckling, the cygnet does not discover that he is a swan until he has grown up. In some video and children's book versions, he is still a cygnet when he finds out and is brought into a swan family. But in any version, the moral of the story is that the outsider or disenfranchised can turn out to be the most beautiful or best of all.
In this drawing or coloring page, you see the "Ugly Duckling" as a cygnet or juvenile swan. He is meeting a female swan who accepts him and helps him realize that he is a swan. The mother duck who rejected the Ugly Duckling is seen further back and behind the mother swan. Her ducklings are seen behind the mother swan, viewing the "brother" they rejected being accepted as a swan. The implication is that swans are a higher rank than ducks. The mother swan's other cygnets are not in this drawing. But they welcome the "Ugly Duckling" because he never was a duckling. He always was a baby swan or cygnet.
This is a cartoon-ish drawing for younger kids to color. But of course, any age person is free to print and color it. There are no fees or any cost to view this page or print any coloring page. I do not do "online coloring" on this site because I taught kindergarten for a while, and I believe in the hand-eye coordination that comes from coloring with crayons.
NOTE: This new coloring page I drew can be found in printable form by clicking on the "Animals" button. Then scroll down to the bottom of the list of animal drawings. If you are accessing this page in September or October of 2026, then this title will be at or near the bottom of the "Animals" list. I have also posted this coloring page at the bottom of the Birds" list. By the way, can you spot the "happy tree"?

No comments:
Post a Comment