Sunday, April 9, 2023

3 More Easter Coloring Pages

 I drew three more Easter drawings at church today.

I actually drew several others for nearby kids. 

But here are three more Easter drawings for you to print and color.


Jesus with Mary Magdalene after His Resurrection

Jesus was resurrected three days after his execution on the cross.  He first appeared to Mary Magdalene in the garden where His tomb had been.  She had heard His voice and she thought He was the gardener but He spoke her name lovingly and she knew who He was.  She moved to hug him but He told her to not touch Him until He ascended to His Father.  Earlier Mary had come to the tomb - with another follower of Jesus named Mary.  They came with spices to anoint His body.  But they found an empty tomb.  Plus they had seen two angels that told them that Jesus had risen.  So imagine that the tomb in this drawing is behind Mary.  She has just turned and seen Jesus.  

The resurrection of the Savior is one of two of the greatest events in the history of the world.  The other great event happened only 3 days earlier.  That event was the Atonement of Jesus where he suffered and died for our sins... making resurrection possible for all of us.  

Took a break to celebrate Easter with my family.  We watched a kid's video about the Easter season and what happened in the Bible.  We ate and then read about Jesus visiting the Americas... as recorded in the Book of Mormon.  Then we read The Country Bunny And The Little Gold Shoes.  See my previous post on that book.  We also sang a Country Bunny song parody that my daughter and I wrote.  

So, finally, here is the two simple bunny drawings that I did in church today.  The above drawing was done in Church partially.  Usually, I give the drawings away but I had these two drawings left over.  I did 5 drawings of bunnies or puppies that I DID give away today.  


Little Girl Bunny with Easter Eggs



Little Boy Bunny with Easter Eggs


NOTE:  These three new drawings can be found, in printable form, by clicking on the button labeled "Holidays."  Then scroll down to the bottom of the Easter section for these - the newest of my drawings.  By the way, the cartoon trick for making a character female is long eyelashes! 

No comments:

Post a Comment