Tuesday, September 18, 2018

Things with Wings

Today's theme is Things with Wings!  The new drawings include fairies, a dragon, an angel, etc.  The drawings I am including from previous posts include flying dinosaurs, Pterosaurs, (they are NOT the same thing.), birds, (also called Avian Dinosaurs), etc.

Angel playing Harp
I saw a beautiful young woman playing harp at the hospital today.  I took a photo and thought of doing this drawing.  Obviously she was not dressed up as an angel.  But I liked my idea.  Her music was very beautiful too.  I did not get her name or her permission to post the harpist photo.  By the way, I don't believe angels have wings.  I believe they are dressed in white and often surrounded by brilliant light, but no wings.   IF I can find the harpist and get her permission I will post the photo of her playing.  I also plan on drawing her much more accurately.  This angel drawing really does not look like her.  But I did do the drawing very loosely based on the photo of her that I took.  

Butterflies at Shenandoah National Park

Butterflies photo from Shenandoah National Park
This is the photo I took when my wife and I visited Shenandoah National Park. It inspired the drawing of the two  butterflies on the thistle flowers.  Shenandoah National Park is a very beautiful place.  


Fairy greets a Unicorn



Flower Fairy visits a Rose
(If fairies were or are real, I would imagine that they would come in all shapes, sizes, and races.  
The traditional idea of all fairies being drawn tiny. super thin. and petite doesn't sit well with me.
  I truly believe that beauty in people or fairies for that matter...comes in all forms.)




Dragon with Smoking Nostrils
The dragon is not smoking tobacco or something.  He is just creating his own internal smoke.  The idea, scientifically speaking, is that maybe dragons had a way of  making methane inside their bodies.  Or maybe even they made or make Hydrogen molecules.  This would help make dragons like a Hydrogen balloon.  So they would be lighter than air.  Hydrogen is VERY non-dense.  

(This is the last of the new drawings... So these top drawings are found at the bottom of the lists.
  The lists are found by clicking on the buttons and the top of this blog page.)



THE FOLLOWING DRAWINGS ARE FROM PREVIOUS POSTS:


Microraptor flying through the Forest




Elagant Fairy and Baby Dragon


Bald Eagle fishing for King Salmon


Pteranodon chick on a Ledge


Auburn Fairy



American Robin
I had to use this one. . . my name is Robin....and I'm an American.

No comments:

Post a Comment