Sunday, August 12, 2018

Fairy, Dryad, and Meremaid

Remember that the printable versions are found by clicking on the above buttons.  Also, new drawings are at the bottom of the lists.  I also need to let you know that I may not be posting for a while.  My wife and I are considering going on a road trip to escape the smoke of the western USA.  Big fires in California are smoking us out.   


These drawings are based on two beautiful young ladies I met over the last week or two.  And one drawing is of my niece, Madeline.  Sara is drawn as a tree fairy or dryad.  She is a young woman from my neighborhood.  She recently returned from a Spanish speaking LDS mission.  Krishna was the sister to the groom at a wonderful wedding my wife and I attended last weekend.  The wedding was at the Tracy Aviary in Salt  Lake City.  Krishna, like Laurel and I, was walking around the aviary to see the birds.  Its a pretty cool bird zoo.  The swans in the first picture are drawn from the swans I photographed at the aviary.  Madeline, my niece is fluent in Mandarin Chinese because she went to Taiwan on her LDS mission.  The drawings are a pretty good likeness of the young women, but it is difficult to capture such beauty in coloring page style drawings. . . and consider that I draw with a fine point marker that is not erasable.   Of course, Madeline is a brilliant artists that could draw a detailed self portrait much better than this one in the time it took me to draw this non-detailed coloring page. 


Tree Fairy or Dryad named Sara

The fairy is Sara.   She is a tree fairy or dryad.  She protects her tree and the forest from danger.   The flowers in the bushes bloom better when a fairy is around.   So maybe Sara is a flower fairy as well.  Or maybe she is just a flower fairy in league with the forest's dryads to help protect the trees.


Mermaid named Krisna
(Drawn is cartoon style with exaggerated head.)

The mermaid, Krishna, is a lover of flowers.  She is obsessed with the land. . . kind of like Ariel.  But Krishna loves the natural world on land.  She likes watching the animals and plants. on the seashore.  Here she had crawled up on the beach to pick a daisy off the shore.



Dryad named Madeline 
(Drawn is cartoon style with exaggerated head.)

Tree fairies that are very close to their tree are called hamadryads.  The hamadryad will actually die if their tree dies.  So they are good protectors.  Here Madeline is a dryad lovingly holding a branch of her tree.  Her bow is leaning up against her tree and she is wearing her quiver of arrows.  

No comments:

Post a Comment