Monday, October 1, 2018

Forest Fairies and Dryads

Forest Fairy Couple

One of my nephews got married last week to a beautiful in many ways young woman.  But I like to draw fantasy beings so here is Colin and Abby as Forest Fairies.  If I were to give them some advice it would be that remember to be unselfish.  Then I would tell them that they have created a new family and that is a big deal.  I would also tell them that the closer they are individually to their Heavenly Father, the closer they will be to each other.  That is how it works in a marriage of Believers.   


McKayla the Dryad

Dryads are kind of a fairy.  They are sometimes called tree spirits.  The first dryads are Tree Spirits of of Oak Trees.  "Drys" means oak in Greek.   Over time the term has referred to sprints or magical beings that guard all species of trees.  Interestingly enough, McKayla is the fiance' of another nephew.  I should remind you that neither drawing, when done in my coloring page style, is going to capture the true physical beauty of these people, however, I don't think my drawings are totally off either.   

The first two drawings are new.  The below drawings are drawings from older posts.  Remember that the printable drawings are found by clicking the buttons at the top of the page.  New drawings are on the bottom of the lists and older drawings are found further up the list.  These drawings are under the buttons:  "All Printables" and "Fantasy Myths and Circus".   Some of these drawings are based on real young women and some are not.  

Fairy sitting under a Tree


Fairy with crystal ball on Unicorn


Dryad named Madeline


Tree Fairy or Dryad named Sara




Tree Fairy with Spear



Tree Fairy with Sword and Shield



Fairy named Celeste



No comments:

Post a Comment