Thursday, October 25, 2018

Cat People




3 Female Cat Humanoids

There are lots of species in Sci Fi where the writers thought to combine a known Terran (from Earth) animal with humans to create their new species.  After going on the Heber Valley Railroad (in Heber City Utah) I was inspired by some of the performers who were dressed as Cat People or perhaps Cat Humanoids.  Two of them danced with my 3 year old granddaughter and all were very friendly.  So they inspired me to try and draw them as Cat People or Cat Humanoids.  These girls were dressed in black and had cat tails and ears plus whiskers and nose makeup.  So, this drawing is not perfect, but it does look a bit like each of these performers.  I made the drawing of 3 female Cat People of Cat Humanoids, not a drawing of the performers in their black outfits.  I looked up photos of the actors in their costumes from the Broadway and West End musical Cats.  That is where I got the idea to add the fur. 

The faces in this drawing are based on the faces of the "Cat People" on the train, however, I always say that it is impossible to capture the true beauty of any person with this medium of fine point marker and the style of  a coloring page drawing. 


No comments:

Post a Comment