Saturday, May 8, 2021

Pictures and Cards for Mother's Day 2021 including a new Turkey Card to color for Mom

 Happy Mother's Day! 

My wonderful mother was an artist and she is who got me interested in drawing.  

When I first started teaching she came down to Southern California

 and taught me how to draw animals!

I remember that she bought our then 3-year-old daughter a toy horse figurine.  

Mom put the horse upon the mantle and she taught me how to draw 

what I see, not just draw from what was in my head. 

Here is the new drawing for today's holiday of Mother's Day! 

 Remember that a baby turkey is called a chick or a poult. 


Mother's Day card Turkey and Poult


My last post was of a more detailed mother turkey but I did not include any chicks or poults. 

So here is that drawing too. 



Flower the Jenny Turkey in a Narrow-leaf Cottonwood Tree


Below are some samples of more of my drawings related to mothers.  There are also many more of this 

kind of drawing that you can find by clicking on the "Holidays" button and scrolling down to

 "Mother's Day."  AND there are other drawings of mother dinosaurs and other animals that you

find by clicking on the "Paleontology" button or the "Animals" button.  

By the way, you can often turn a drawing of a cartoon animal 

from male to female by just adding eyelashes. 

Children could color the drawings or cards and give them to 'Mom" for Mother's Day. 



Mother's Day card with Mother Swan and Ugly Duckling



Mommy Giganotosaurus hunts with her Chick

(You could add your own caption to this drawing.)



Mary and Baby Jesus - redone



Mother's Day card with Mother Unicorn and Colt


Mother's Day card with Mother Unicorn and Filly



Mother's Day card with Boy with Flowers




Mother's Day card with Girl Angel



Mother T. rex and Chicks




Mother's day card with Cat and Kitten



Mother's Day card with Flowers




Mother's Day Tribute - Mother Fairy sings Lavender's Blue to her Child



No comments:

Post a Comment