Sunday, May 2, 2021

Mother's Day Tribute - Mother Fairy sings to her Child and a Duet version of the song: Lavender's Blue - with coloring page

 Welcome to my free coloring pages blog!  

We are one week away from Mother's Day so I drew a Mother's Day Tribute

of a Mother Fairy singing to her Child.  



Mother's Day Tribute - Mother Fairy sings to her Child

Mothers are very I wanted to draw a tribute to the musical mothers.  My own daughter is one of them.  She will often sing to her children.  She almost always sings to them at bedtime.  The kids will ask for a song or several songs when they get into bed.  This touches my heart.  My daughter sings with a beautiful voice.  I think that the singing she does for her children is as important as any singing ever done on Earth.  

When she was a certified nursing assistant and an activities director at an assisted living center my daughter sang to and with the residents.  She even sang to them as she helped them with their daily personal needs.  THIS kind of singing is also very important.  My wife and I go to an assisted living center where I play harmonica and she sings with the residents.  WE feel that singing and music is a very important part of most people's quality of life.  

The song Lavender's Blue is an old English folk song.  It is a cute song that I personally love.  (It is pretty easy to play on harmonica too.)  I did not hear Lavender's Blue until my 5th decade of life.  There are several versions of the verses of this song because that is what happens with old folk songs. (People make up their own versions.)   In fact, there are over 30 verses to the song.  Most are beautiful and some are actually a bit racy.  This song was included in a nursery songbook in the 1800s but the song dates to at least the 1670s.  There have been many pop versions of this song that have been recorded and were big hits in the USA and in the UK.  

In this drawing, the mother Fairy is singing Lavender's Blue to her baby boy.  The baby boy Fairy DOES have wings but you can't see them unless you look closely.  The dark dots on the wings of both mother and child can be filled in by you.  Some of the dots on the wings are not as dark as they could be.  Notice that even though she is at home the mother Fairy still is wearing her flying belt.  This is in case of an emergency she can get her child to help faster.  A Balteum Volantes or flying belt helps Fairies fly faster and further.  

Notice that the mother Fairy is wearing plant-based clothing and her baby is partially wrapped in a striped cotton baby blanket. The baby is being placed on a changing table as his (or her if you prefer) mother sings Lavender's Blue as a lullaby.  If you look closely you will see the baby Fairy's wings.  Baby Fairies have very soft wings to make lying down and sleeping more comfortable.  Surprisingly though, a baby Fairy can fly with its mother only a few hours after its birth.  These Fairies are in their diminutive form with the mother around 5 or so inches tall.  That is 12.7 cm. tall. . . or cm. short.

This drawing could be printed and used as a Mother's Day Card if you wish. 

I will post below some of the verses to the song Lavender's Blue that I like... but I will not post all the verses but feel free to look them up and to find an audio version of the song.  It is one of the songs on my "Lullabies" playlist.  I put one version of one of the verses in the drawing.  Here is another arrangement of more of the verses that I did.  I also slightly rearranged some words in a few of these verses.  It is a duet:    


            Lavender's Blue - a Duet Arrangement by Robin Lyman

Boy sings:  

Lavender's blue, dilly dilly, lavender's green,
When I am king, dilly dilly, you shall be queen:
Who told you so, dilly dilly, who told you so?
'Twas mine own heart, dilly dilly, that told me so.

Girl sings: 

Lavender's blue, dilly dilly, lavender's green,
When you are king, dilly dilly, I shall be queen
Who told you so, dilly dilly, who told you so?
'Twas mine own heart, dilly dilly, that told me so.

Call up your men, dilly dilly, set them to work,
Some with a rake, dilly dilly, some with a fork;
Some to make hay, dilly dilly, some to thresh corn,
Whilst you and I, dilly dilly, keep ourselves warm.

      Both sing: 

           Roses are red dilly, dilly violets are blue
           'Cause you will love me, dilly, dilly I will love you
           Roses are red dilly, dilly violets are blue
          'Cause you will love me, dilly, dilly I will love you

               
                        Let the birds sing, dilly, dilly
                        And the lambs play
                        We shall be safe, dilly, dilly
                        Out of harm's way
                     
                            Girl sings: 

                               I love to dance, dilly, dilly
                               I love to sing
                               When I am queen, dilly, dilly
                               You'll be my king:
                                
                                    Boy sings:

                                   Who told you so, dilly, dilly
                                   Who told you so?
                                      
                                          Girls sings:
                                               
                                                I told myself, dilly, dilly
                                                I told me so

                                                Both sing:
                                                    
                                                    Lavender's green dilly, dilly
                                                    Lavender's blue
                                                    Always love me dilly, dilly
                                                    And-I'll always love you


NOTE:  This drawing, in printable form, can be found by clicking on the buttons labeled:  . . . . . . . . . Holidays . . . . or . . . . . Fantasy, Myths, and Circus.   Then scroll down to the bottom of the corrected part of the list.  New drawings are at the bottom of the correct list.  There is a Mother's Day section in the Holidays list.  

No comments:

Post a Comment