Saturday, December 19, 2020

Jupiter and Saturn conjunction - coloring page

 This is a free coloring pages blog. 

Today's new drawing is of the planets Jupiter and Saturn.

Jupiter and Saturn are in conjunction right now. 

On December 21, 2020, the two planets will be right next to each other. 

Since this will be happening over Christmas it is called a Christmas Star. . . 

even though it is actually two planets that from our perspective are together.  



Jupiter and Saturn with a Spaceship


This type of conjunction is quite rare.  

I drew this picture in honor of this historic event!

Printable versions of the drawing will be in the list that you find 

by clicking on the button labeled "Fantasy, Myths, and Circus."  

I drew the spaceship in so I had a category where I could post this drawing. 

Below is a photo I took via my telescope and my iPhone.


Look closely and you can see the moons of Jupiter... 
well, you can see 3 of the 4 Galilean moons. 



No comments:

Post a Comment