Wednesday, August 7, 2019

People of Earth Sanctuary



Earth Sanctuary Host Joey
(or Joe)


Earth Sanctuary Guide  #1 Dan



Earth Sanctuary  Guide #2 Tommy



Earth Sanctuary Modern Outback Fairy and Hostess

On our recent trip to Australia we went to the Earth Sanctuary World Nature Center near Alice Springs.  I think this is a station (ranch) in the Outback where they have created an amazing experience for visitors.  Let me tell you what WE did.  They greeted us and talked about Outback animals and plants.  They told us about some Aborignal tradtions.  We watched a full moon rise in the East.  They also talked some about Astronomy as well.  Next we had an excellent Outback BBQ.  Finally we we went back out into the dark and they talked about stars and Southern Hemisphere Astronomy.  They pointed out planets, constellations, and how to find true South by the Southern Cross.  

But the poeple or I should say hosts and guides and hostess were awesome.  They presented with enthusiasm and a love of Nature.  So I chose to draw these poeple.  They are all family.  This is a family run business.  Joey is the patriarch.  Guide # 2 his son and so is Guide #1 Dan.  The Outback Fairy . . . is the daugher of Dan.  I met her with her dad, breifly after the show.  I don't remember her name but I would not post her name if I knew it, but she was there at our dinner show.  .   .  leaning on the table and looking like a little Outback Fairy.  So I drew her as one.  

Now, if you wonder why I drew her wearing modern clothing. . . well, perhaps at least SOME Fairies nowdays chose to wear their version of modern fashion.  I have pointed out before that I think it is possible that the Fairy Realm keeps hidden from our world by having and using superior technology.  This little Outback Fairy has just magicked a table tree out of the ground...  She is leaning on the magic table.  The table is not made from a tree, it is a living tree.  

The Earth Sanctuary World Nature Center is an Ecotourism destination.  They are carbon neutral.  They have a large telescope and are amateur astronomers as well.  I guess they have day and evening experiences.  They do weddings and education tours as well.  They are a family operated business.  I would highly recommend them.  We loved our time there.  

My apologies to Ben, the brother I did not draw.  We did not meet him.  He was not at our dinner show.  Printable Versions of these drawings are available by clicking on the top buttons labled:  All Printables. . . and Animals of Australia.  Sorry guys, the Animals of Australia is my only Australian catagory.  Besides, you talked about animals and animal tracks to us. . . and People are technically members of the Animal Kingdom or as we retired science teachers say:  Kingdom:  Animalia.  

No comments:

Post a Comment