Sunday, February 11, 2018

Olympic Alpine Ski Racers


Olympic Alpine Ski Racer

The above drawing is of an Alpine Ski Racer or Downhill Skier who just finished his race.  Notice he has a slight smile because he just had a good run.  He is starting to come out of his crouch and starting to stand and his poles are no longer parallel with the slope.

Alpine Ski Racing is a very fast and dangerous sport.  In honor of the Winter Olympics in PyeongChang, South Korea I drew skiers today.  We live in a state with a lot of skiing.  In fact, in 2002 the Winter Olympics came to Utah.  Myself, my wife, and my daughters were volunteer entertainers or cast members during those Winter Olympics in Salt Lake City, Utah.  We were playing percussion in a "Venue Band."  We played outside the venues as fans were entering or exiting.

Now, back to skiing:  Alpine skiing is also called downhill skiing.  .  .  as opposed to cross country skiing.  I have done both and I actually prefer the cross country skiing.  However, due to my health, skiing for me is now what I watch on TV. . . . ESPECIALLY Winter Olympic Skiing!! 

By the way, the different types of winter sports seen in the Winter Olympics is quite extensive.
Here is a list, starting with Skiing:  Alpine or Downhill Skiing, Cross Country Skiing, Free Style Skiing, Biathalon, Nordic Combined, and Ski Jumping.   Then there is Snowboarding, Speed
Skating, Figure Skating, Ice Dancing, Curling, Bobsledding, Luge, Ice Hockey, and Skeleton.
There are several different events in many of those sports on my list.  Such as Men's Moguls, Women's Moguls, Short Track Speed Skating, 5,000 meter speed skating etc.

A final word about Alpine or Downhill ski racing.  The top skiers have been clocked at 90 miles per hour on their ski run.  That is REALLY fast!!!

By the way, I did not put any country name on the two ski racers I drew today.  That way you can put your country's name etc. on the racers' uniform.  Also, choose what you want to draw on the "gate" that the slalom racer is skiing around.


Olympic Slalom Skier

No comments:

Post a Comment